Stardew Valley, a game rich in content and activities, often keeps players on their toes when it comes to completing bundles for the community center. The Maki Roll, in particular, can sometimes be a little hard to come by, especially if you’re trying to complete the Chef’s Bundle on the Bulletin Board. This article will guide you through various methods of obtaining this elusive dish.
How to Get the Maki Roll Recipe
The Maki Roll is a cooked dish in the game, and having its recipe can be incredibly handy for multiple reasons. Here’s how to acquire it:
From the Queen of Sauce
- When: Summer 21 of odd-numbered years.
- How: Tune into the Queen of Sauce show on your TV.
From Gus at the Stardrop Saloon
- When: Randomly appears.
- How: Visit Stardrop Saloon and check the register (not Gus himself) to see if the recipe is available.
- With Whom: Linus, Gus
- How: Befriend these NPCs and check your mail for gifts. You can reset the day until Linus gifts you a Maki Roll.
- Some players have reported issues with Gus not selling recipes. If you find yourself in such a predicament, you may have stumbled upon a bug or missed some prerequisites. Consider updating the game or looking for patches.
Crafting the Maki Roll
You can craft the Maki Roll using the kitchen in an upgraded farmhouse or a Cookout Kit. The recipe is pretty straightforward:
- Rice (preferably milled for more profit)
- Fish under 100g
Note: The recipe is profitable if you use Rice made in the mill and fish that sell below 100g.
Alternative Ways to Get the Maki Roll
- When: Randomly on Saturdays.
- How: Check Krobus’ shop to see if the dish is in stock.
Stardrop Saloon’s Rotating Stock
- When: Randomly appears.
- How: Visit Stardrop Saloon and check their stock.
Garbage Can Outside The Stardrop Saloon
- When: Occasionally.
- How: Check the Garbage Can located outside The Stardrop Saloon.
- Players have shared that you don’t necessarily need the recipe to complete the Chef’s Bundle. Buying the dish directly works too.
- Always check if you already know the recipe! Many players buy all the recipes they can find early on and forget about them.
Unique Uses of the Maki Roll
- Sewing Machine: Used in the spool with Cloth to create a Shirt. It acts as a black dye when used with a dyeable clothing item.
Troubleshooting and FAQs
- I can’t get the recipe, what now?: Consider watching Queen of Sauce reruns or double-checking your friendship levels with the relevant NPCs.
- Is it a bug?: If you’re unable to buy the recipe despite meeting all requirements, it might be a glitch. Updating the game could resolve the issue.
Armed with this knowledge, the Maki Roll should no longer be a hindrance in your Stardew Valley experience. Whether you choose to craft it or purchase it, completing that Chef’s Bundle is now well within your reach. Happy farming!